Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Two Days

I will return to Korea in two days. My wife and daughter are in Seoul visiting relatives. They're probably eating kalbe as I write this note. I wonder what it will be like returning to Seoul after 10 months. I suppose cellphones are smaller and there are another dozen subway lines.

My class started filming Macbeth today. We began this project in October and it has taken quite a while to get from script to screen. Eight months. Oh well, we're still ahead of Coppola's timeline on Apocalypse Now. After editing is completed, the film should run at about fifteen minutes. The low angles are pretty effective, but filming on a bright summer afternoon in Toronto isn't the best way to capture the film noir style. I don't seem to remember any sunny days in The Maltese Falcon.

Now I'm off to my sister's hiphop class, which reminds me every week that I was so wise not to pursue a career in professional dancing.

Ciao