Saturday, June 26, 2004

squeaky sandals

It's Sunday and I woke up at five o'clock this morning. The last time I woke up at five o'clock in the morning on a Sunday was the day I ran the Quebec City Marathon. That was back in August 2000. I don't expect to wake up at five o'clock next Sunday. I hope not.

I met a friend from OISE earlier today. He's traveling through Asia on a business trip. We walked from the Seoul Plaza Hotel (across the street from City Hall) to Namdaemun (a 500 year old market), Myeongdong (an upscale shopping district), and finally Insadong (an antique district). It was funny chatting about school and not having a Tim Horton's on every second corner.

Two key strategies to avoid getting lost are to always have a map in hand, and never be afraid to ask for directions. I may get misplaced now and then, but I don't usually get full out lost ... err, well, maybe once or twice ... a week.

The little one has squeaky sandals. Squeaky sandals are sandals that make squeaking sounds everytime the person wearing the sandals takes a step. An added feature on my daughter's squeaky sandals is that they light up whenever she takes a step. There was no such thing as squeaky sandals I was two.

Ciao