Monday, June 28, 2004

myeongdong

[Seoul Time: Monday June 28, 8:30pm]

We went to Myeongdong today. Myeongdong is a popular shopping district in downtown Seoul. It's pretty easy to navigate around Myeongdong when it's not busy, but when it's busy it's insane. Myeongdong is busy about 99.7% of the time.

We took a cab to Myeongdong with one of my wife's sisters. When we got there, the girls went to Miglore while I took my daughter for a walk. Miglore is a big building featuring narrow passages and endless stalls of merchandise. It is not a stroller-friendly zone.

While waiting for the shopping twins, my daughter and I went to Starbucks. I bought a coffee for 3100 won. The cup was medium-sized, and the coffee was delicious. However, the mayor of Seoul really should consider putting a ceiling on the price of a cup of coffee (after careful thought, I have decided that price ceilings on cups of coffee is a municipal issue). 3100 won is about $4.50 Canadian, and that's out of control!

Ciao