Saturday, November 20, 2004

is it november?

Ran the Raid the Hammer Adventure Run in Dundas Valley last Sunday. It was a bit longer than a half marathon & had more hills than I had expected. In the orienteering race teams of 3 work to find various checkpoints in a particular order. Much of the run is off trail, which makes for some muddy times. I ran the run with Darren & Jen. We also ran the race 3 years ago. There weren't as many hills in the run back in 2001. Either that, or we're getting older. Perhaps it's both.

Went to see Don Giovanni with some friends last night. It was at the Elgin Theatre. The seats were great & the show was a lot of fun. That Don Giovanni is a very sneaky guy. This was the first opera I had ever been to, and it's much more accesible that I had expected. Above the stage is a large screen featuring translations of the libretto/lyrics.

K is wearing her new blue mitts today. I don't think she's going to take them off for a few days. That suits me fine because she can't do very much harm to my guitar while wearing her mitts.