Friday, December 01, 2006

ROM

Went to the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) with SJ, K & S tonight. It used to be free on Friday evenings but that's no longer the case. We decided to get a family membership because at $100 we just have to visit 9 more times over the next 12 months to get our money's worth. I used to go the ROM on Saturday mornings for hands-on lessons ... and no I never dropped any pricess Faberge eggs. I always associate visits to the ROM with going there with my dad in childhood or going on those Saturday mornings. All of those objects from the past still hold a certain mysterious quality for me. Tonight we took K & S to the children's interactive area. This segment did not exist when I was a kid. K got to trace fossils, examine textures, and match clothing pictures with historical scenes. We also went to check out the bat cave, which K didn't particularly enjoy. We had Vietnamese after our ROM trip.