Wednesday, November 09, 2005

supplying #38-39, royal winter fair

Taught Gr. 6 on Monday and Gr. 7/8 on Tuesday. Monday was a breeze because there was a student-teacher in the class. I learned a lot about teaching basketball skills from him in the afternoon. He played varisty basketball so he knew his stuff. I think some people are just natural gym teachers (... and I'm not one). Some of the 7/8's like bands like the Beatles, and that's always a plus. I've got to bring my guitar to that school one of these days.

Today, Dad, K, SJ and I trekked to the Royal Winter Fair after a bite at the Butler's Pantry. We arrived at the Fair shortly after 2pm. It was perfect timing because all of the school classes were heading out by that time. K got to see some butter sculptures, sheep, cows, horses, and farm gear. SJ and I got some free apples and potatos from PEI.