Friday, November 11, 2005

supplying #41

Supplied the same class as yesterday. Ran into the same situation as yesterday. Yesterday, the lesson plan outlined that the student-teacher was going to teach a particular block of the morning. She was home ill for the day, so I had to improvise. That's why I always bring a book to suit the grade. That's why I read The Bad Beginning yesterday. Today, the JK class cancelled reading buddies. So, again, I turned to The Bad Beginning and the kids got a nice dosage of Lemony Snicket.

SJ sewed K's poppy to her argyle sweater-vest. It looks very fetching! SJ told me a funny story about K. To prep K for Rememberance Day activities at Nursery School, SJ spoke to her about heroes. K looked at her mom and said very flatly, "I remember heroes mommy, that's David Bowie. I know that." [K has viewed my Bowie DVD a few thousand times. I think Heroes is her second favourite song ... after Starman.]