Friday, August 25, 2006

farewell dinner

I have just gotten home from the farewell dinner/talent show at Trinity. Saying goodbye to the staff and students was both unexpected and sad. After 8 weeks of skits, songs, and many meals together it has come to a close. Fittingly, it's raining out.

With pizza in the cards, and a chance to meet my infamous students, K was eager to join me tonight. Although she was a bit shy, she had the pleasure of meeting Beatriz, Rieko, Ayano, Satoshi, Yuki, Florian, Marie, and Alberto. Sadly, Yuri and Nao were travelling in Niagara, so K didn't get to meet them.

K and I arrived around 8pm. In the courtyard and the dining hall, K was rather coy with all of the students who gave her the attention she secretly adored. Shortly after that we sampled an array of cheeses as picked by Florian. With fresh bread the cheese was delicious. When the pizza arrived, K's mood seemed to lighten, and during three of the musical performances she danced with Allison. The evening finished around 10pm, marking the end of my summer at Trinity.

To all of the students I had the pleasure of meeting this summer I wish you all the best.