Thursday, December 28, 2006

christmas / boxing day / ...

Had a nice dinner at my dad's for Christmas. K sure enjoys the attention of my younger step-sisters. On returning home we had sort of a second dinner with my mom & stepdad (who had just arrived for a visit). K devoured some meat bonetza and spinach bonetza. Bonetza is a Macedonian dish my mom makes (& my gran used to make). SJ & I went furniture shopping on Boxing Day. Agreeing on what sort of leather sofa we're going to get is not the easiest thing in the world. Actually, it's not that we can't agree on a design but rather we can't find a faultless sofa. Ran down to the Annex to meet my friend E on Wed (Dec 27). We talked music for a while & work (mostly music). On Thurs K, dad, & I headed to Picton to visit my aunt Maggie & Gran. K watched her Charlotte's Web DVD a few times. K & I are midway through the novel together (it's her bedtime book). I was curious to see how K would take the death aspect (Charlotte dies near the end of the story), as she's still developing her concept of death. We talked about what happened to Charlotte and how although Wilber didn't get to see her again he did get to know some of her children and grandchildren. There's a reason why E. B. White and Beverly Cleary's books continue to sell.