Friday, February 22, 2008

ray davies, part 1

After being rivited by the latest episode of LOST last night I tiptoed (S is an incredibly light sleeper) over to my office to check out the scoreboard on nhl.com. Before heading to bed with a book (BFI Guide to Lawrence of Arabia) I surfed over to the Unofficial Kinks website to read over some reviews of Ray's new album and see if he had any tour plans. While on the website I noticed that Ray was rumored to perform an acoustic set at Toronto's HMV Superstore this evening.

Before heading to work this morning I pulled a book off of my Orson Welles bookshelf (Orson Welles: A Critical View, by Andre Bazin) and grabbed a bunch of Ray Davies & Kinks CD booklets. Shortly after work SJ picked me up, sped downtown, and dropped K and I off across the street from the HMV Superstore. We got there around 4:30pm. Ray's show was due to start at 6pm.