Saturday, January 27, 2007

birthday food

Well, I turned 35 two days ago. This whole birthday thing seems to arrive more quickly every year. Rather than writing about my gifts (which I imagine isn't exactly numero uno on everyone's interest list), I'll provide some information about the food. On Wednesday, SJ, K & I had cake. It was a vanilla cake with quite a bit of fruit on it. I had to have this sort of kinds of cake when I was a kid because I had a terrible allergy to chocolate. This cake came from Koreatown & with coffee it was superb. On Thursday we had sashimi & hwae dap bap. These are popular dishes in Korea & Japan. They're popular for a reason. Yesterday the four of us trekked to my dad's to have another birthday dinner with my dad, stepmom, sister, brother-in-law, & stepsisters. We couldn't stay too late because I had work today.