Wednesday, June 30, 2004

namsan and finding nemo

I ran up Namsan (South Mountain) today. It took me 63 minutes to get from my brother-in-law's front door (in Seodaemun) to the summit of the mountain. I ran back down the mountain and by chance found myself in an underground shopping arcade that had endless corridors of record shops. It was a wonderful place to be. Since I was soaking wet and didn't have very much money on me, I decided not to go shopping and instead made my way home. That was probably a good decision.

We watched Finding Nemo this morning. I think I have seen Finding Nemo a about seven hundread times. Katie watching Finding Nemo is like Roger Ebert watching Citizen Kane. I imagine that Katie is constantly reevaluating the various textures and symbols in the film. If Katie had any control over television stations, she would probably create one that continuously played Finding Nemo. I wonder who her favourite character is?

Ciao