Monday, July 19, 2004

a bakery, and logic

Suk Ja, Katie, and I walked down our mountain to the market this morning, sans stroller.  We then went to a bakery.  One of our nieces works there.  I had a coffee muffin and a chilsung (it's like 7up).  My coffee muffin was actually more of a coffee cupcake.  I prefer to call it a muffin though, because it sounds more nutricious that way. 
 
I went for a run around downtown Seoul in the afternoon.  I carried my Seoul Lonley Planet Guide as I wanted to check out some shops I had never been to before.  Unfortunately, a few of the shops don't exist anymore.  I did a lot of standing around while peering at my travel book.  Many people stopped to help me, but as 3 of the 4 shops are gone forever, we were all out of luck.  I probably should have called the shops before going on my search.  That would have been the logical thing to do, but as Mr. Spock is not with me, logic rarely enters into the picture.
 
Ciao