Thursday, July 08, 2004

ta-kal-be and finding a finding nemo book

Ran around downtown today. Bought a Korean picture book for Katie at the Young Poong Bookstore. It's called Finding Nemo. Katie likes to flip through the book as she watches the film. She especially enjoyes finding the pictures that correspond to the scenes she's watching.

In the early afternoon we ventured down to the local market and got the fixings for some ta-kal-be (spring onions, cabbage, chicken, potatoes, etc.). Before going for my run we feasted on ta-kal-be. It's a kind of chicken stew and is mouthwateringly delicious. The only complication is that running shortly after ta-kal-be isn't quite the same as running after eating a banana-flavoured powerbar. If I said that my run was leisurely, I wouldn't be lying. If I said that my run was speedy, I wouldn't be telling you the truth. Since my run wasn't an Olympic event, it didn't matter.

Ciao