Monday, July 05, 2004

namsan stairs

Went to Starbucks (in Seodaemun), found the most comfortable chair in the shop, and studied there for two hours. Taking the best chair in the shop for two hours makes spending 3000 won for a cup of coffee easier.

After the studying into the late afternoon, I ran to Namsan (South Mountain). I took a different route this time (not something I had planned to do). Climbing the stairs up Namsan meant that the trip from my brother-in-law's front door to the summit of the mountain took a fleeting 34 minutes. Actually, it didn't feel that fleeting while I was climbing those endless stairs. Running back down the pedestrian roadway to the Miglore Store in Myeongdong took 32 minutes (the trip down took 34 minutes last week). It looked like it was going to pour a few times, but the rain never came.

When I got back, Katie was waiting in the street with her Gran. Suk Ja had gone to the gym with one of our nieces. Katie was a very upset little girl. A good viewing of Finding Nemo lifted her spirits. I've decided that I like the shrimp character best in the film. He's hilarious.

Ciao