Friday, July 02, 2004

Seodaemun Market

It rained cats and dogs throughout the night and on and off throughout the day. That didn't stop Katie and I from venturing out for a stroll to the local market. Most communities in Korea have a local market, called a she-jang. Our market is located at the foot of the mountain on which we live.

The Seodaemun Market is a bustling arcade about five hundred meters long. The walkway is occasionally graced with the presence of a scooter weaving its way through the crowds. Katie and I stopped for a break near the middle of the market. I turned to my right and saw a low table filled with pig-intestine sausages. To my right I saw a mini-bakery featuring an assortment of naughty treats. Katie and I decided not to buy anything and meandered our way back up the mountain. The meandering was easier for Katie since she was sitting in a stroller.

Ciao