Monday, August 29, 2005

The Ernie Witt Bobble Head Adventure

I've been to around 50 ballgames over the years. Yesterday was the first day I bought a ticket & then didn't go to the game. "Why?" you wonder. Well, I have two reasons for this. First, yesterday was Ernie Witt Bobble Head Day. The first 10 000 fans got a bobble head, and I was one of them. Yahoo! Now K is the proud posessor of a Wayne Gretzky bobble head and an Ernie Witt bobble head. They're quite the pair standing on the window ledge next to her small empire of Star Wars action figures. My second reason for buying a ticket yesterday was the Jays Garage Sale. Yep. Every year the Jays have a garage sale (it isn't really a garage sale) with proceeds going to charity. It actually looked like a garage sale with messy fold-up tables set up in an alcove in the 100 level. Unlike most garage sales however, the tables were sprinkled with game used jerseys, autographed jerseys, autographed bats, autographed balls, and so on. There were too many things for me to choose from, so I didn't end up buying anything. No matter. I had a bobbly Ernie Witt to keep me company as I sprinted back outside to meet my wife at Gate 2. We had lunch in Chinatown at one of our favourite spots.