Sunday, August 28, 2005

a party to remember!

K's 3rd birthday party was brilliant! Over 40 friends and family came out to share a wonderful afternoon. It wasn't too hot out and although it sprinkled a bit the rain held off. My cousin Doug wore a New York Yankees shirt to tease me. The birthday cake episode was particularly interesting. We had neglected to get the plates and forks ready before having the Happy Birthday song and blowing out of the candles. After blowing out the candles K gave her first speech. "Thank you for coming to my party," she said loudly. It was very cute. However, after the cheering stopped, we were left with a little picnic table populated with little kids, two delicious birthday cakes, and no plates or forks. Yikes! A revolution was brewing. Not too far away was a tray filled with veggies, and I suggested that the kids eat some carrots and celery while waiting for the plates and forks. That wasn't a very popular idea (I was actually joking when I tried to get the kids to eat some veggies while waiting for the cake). Disaster was averted in about 120 seconds when we got a hold of the plates and forks and started distributing the delicious cake. Thanks to everyone for a very special day. SJ and I wanted to give K a party to remember, and she will certainly remember her 3rd birthday party!