Monday, July 04, 2005

screening

My summer break has officially begun. I have accomplished quite a bit so far. Yes. I have screened The Ribos Operation (a classic Doctor Who adventure starring Tom Baker and Mary Tamm from the Graham Williams era) for my daughter, F for Fake (an Orson Welles treat about fakery) for my sister, and It's All True (an interesting glimpse into an unfinished Orson Welles documentary set in Brazil) for myself. Class starts tomorrow and work starts on Wednesday evening. SJ might take a sushi course this summer. I would like that very much, because it would mean that I'd have to make the sacrifice of sampling some of her sushi experimental cooking. Six days ago I had the fortune of watching the season finale of the new Doctor Who series. I've enjoyed Doctor Who since I was in Grade 2 (which was long, long ago) and this is the most emotional episode I have ever seen. I am so pleased that the new series is so wonderful.