Sunday, June 19, 2005

at last ... an update

The past 2 months have been pretty busy between my day job, night school, and weekend job. K also keeps my wife and I running (or at least jogging).

During that time I had an OISE intern working with me. Our many chats on music led me to rediscover The Yardbirds and explore the music of The Small Faces and The Zombies. I highly recommend the following three albums: Roger the Engineer; Ogdun's Nut Gone Flake; and Odyssey and Oracle. I like Odyssey best of the three. It's a an album that feels complete.

I've just got 2 weeks left at school at which I've been teaching for 6 years. It really hasn't hit me yet. This is the longest I've been in one place since I was in elementary school. I've had the opportunity to teach Grades 1, 2, and 6, and also work in Special Education. I've taught and learned from many wonderful people, both young and old.