Friday, November 18, 2005

supplying #42-44

Taught two behavioural classes and one Gr. 2 class last week. On Monday I taught a Gr. 7-8 behavioural class at a school that finishes at 3pm everyday. Lunch is a bit shorter at that school, but the early finish time is something I could very easily get used to. I think the shorter day is nice for the kids too. I talked sports with the kids for a bit. One of them is pretty much an expert on hockey, basketball, and football. On Tuesday I was at my old school, where I taught the gr. 7-8 behavioural class. I met some teachers at KFC for lunch. I brought a coffee (I honestly don't know how I ever get through a morning with only one coffee). Class went well on Tuesday evening. I devoted Wednesday and Thursday to uni class work. On Wednesday I met with some people to work on a matrix project (I'm going to use this for my comps later). One of the guys works for the Ministry of Education, so we met in the Ferguson Building. On Thursday I met with a prof to discuss the research project we're working on. It has a budget of $500 000. Class on Thursday evening was productive because I talked to my prof about my class paper and my thesis. The methodology is solidifying. On Friday I taught at my sister's school. Her class is a Grade 2 group. We made calenders and I read them the ending of The Witches and the opening of The Bad Beginning. After school everyone met at my sister's for currey and rice, roti, and mango salad. I'll be teaching TESL on the weekend. I'm in a building at UT that's dangerously close to a Starbucks. Did I say dangerously? I meant conveniently.