Friday, July 23, 2004

PC Bang

Last night, I turned off the computer and everything was karmically balanced.  This morning, I turned on the computer and karma went out the window.  Everything on the computer was gone.  Gone to where, no one knows!  Since I'm taking 2 online courses, this could have been a disaster. Thankfully, both courses have directories where I store all of my unfinished documents.  The computer is now back up and running, and karmic balance has been restored.

Between the  time the computer crashed and now I had an opportunity to experience something I had never experienced in Korea before.  I went to a PC Bang.  A PC Bang is a web cafe.  'PC' stands for personal computer, and 'bang' means room in Korea.  I strolled down the mountain and quickly found a PC Bang with a big orange sign (perhaps I was still thinking of ppong-ppong-e).  The PC Bang was a dim room with cigarette smoke hanging in the air, and the sound of fighting games and race car games in the airwaves.  I'm not going to rush back to a PC Bang. 

Ciao