Sunday, January 22, 2006

jan 22 update

It's been 13 days since my previous update so I suppose I'm due.

During the first week back (Jan 9-13) I taught a class at my daughter's school. She came upstairs to meet the kids and have a cookie on Friday January 13th. Katie had a nice time but was noticeably shy. That week also marked my return to nightschool. I now have stats class on Tuesday evenings, a lab on Wednesday evenings, and my class on qualitative research on Thursday evenings. I've finished two (of twelve) weeks of my classes & I'm getting dangerously close to my first two assignments. These are my final two courses in the Ph.D.

Last week I taught three days at Katie's school and one day at Coffee Time school. I've been keeping my Fender acoustic guitar at Katie's school so I can use it when I go there. A kid in a grade 3 class I taught on Wednesday was wearing a Yardbirds shirt (note to self: buy Katie a Yardbirds shirt). The class I taught at Coffee Time school is one I've taught a few times and the kids wanted me to continue the Lemony Snicket book I had started with them previously. Fully expecting this, I had the book on hand. Friday was a day of research as a prof and I headed to a school in the east end to conduct interviews. We had a superb lunch at an Italian bakery (Note to self: go to Italian bakeries for lunch more often).

Next week will be pretty jam packed. On Monday I'm teaching at Katie's school. Perhaps I should call Katie's school Pastry School because there's a French pastry shop nearby that has riduculously delicious coffee. On Tuesday a prof and I have to head up to Lake Simcoe to conduct research at a school. Yes, we're really going up to Lake Simcoe, and then I have to get back to OISE for my 5pm night class. On Wednesday, my birthday, I'm heading to Katie's school in the morning and my old school in the afternoon before heading to my 4:30pm lab. Thursday will see me at Coffee Time school, where I'm teaching a sp ed class. I'm already almost done my readings for my Thursday course. Then, on Friday, I'm back to the east end to conduct more research with a prof. Next Sat/Sun I'll start teaching a course at the York U campus at Keele & Finch. Oh things are indeed getting busy. I already miss playing with K!