Wednesday, February 01, 2006

feb 1

Still supplying, sometimes visiting schools to conduct research (in & out of the city), and going to class three nights a week. Started teaching a class up at York on the weekend. Being on the Keele campus really has that campus feel. I don't get the same vibe on the UT main campus. I guess UT just feels like another part of the downtown core. The important thing is that good strong coffee is easily found on both campuses. We learned about Central Limit Theorem tonight and conducted various sorts of simulation tests of like sized subsamples. Perhaps if Allen Ginsberg had encountered this stuff while lollygagging with those beatnicks he would've begun Howl in the following way: "I've seen the best minds of my generation destroyed by Central Limit Theorem." Yeah, I'm sure he would've written something like that.