Saturday, July 24, 2004

coming out of retirement

Went to the school today for lesson planning and orientation.  I'm going to set up some whole school events for Fridays.  That will be fun.  I'd love to organize a Beatles Appreciation Day, but I don't think my principals would approve.  I start teaching on Monday.  The last lesson I taught in Korea was in June 1997.  This will be a bit like Gordie Howe coming out of retirement.  I expect to see crowds of journalists at the school on Monday morning all asking me how it feels to be teaching again in Korea.

We're at Kyung Ja's place in Bundang (Kyung Ja is my youngest sister-in-law).  Bundang is really a pretty town southeast of Seoul.  You can run to the countryside in a matter of minutes.  It's connected to Seoul by subway.  Inchul (my chum from last week's COEX adventure) is coming to town tonight and we're taking him out for dinner.  Actually, since we're meeting him at the subway station in 36 minutes I better sign off.

Ciao