Thursday, August 19, 2004

buffet marathon

We were taken out to dinner at the intercontinental Hotel tonight. We were taken out by our old friend, Mr. Kim. Katie was a lot less shy with him this evening.

I ate enough for two people. All I have to say is that the twi-gim (tempura), the escargots, the shrimps and vegetables, the kim-bap (sushi), the hwae (sashimi), the salmon in terayaki sauce, the raw beef, the roast beef, the asparagus, the kal-be, and the green tea ice cream were lovely. I guess it looks like I had quite a bit for dinner. Would you say that's a pretty fair statement?

What about Katie and Suk Ja? Suk Ja had quite a bit too. She had almost everything I had, and also had some things I didn't have.

But surely Katie, a little 23-month-old toddler, didn't have very much. Well, the little one had seaweed soup, rice, shrimps, raw beef, roast beef, kal-be, apples, plumbs, and some cake. Actually, I guess Katie had a pretty big dinner too!

Ciao