Wednesday, August 18, 2004

dinner / books for Katie

It's raining cats and dogs out. I was supposed to go out for a 1:00-1:30 hour run as my final run before the half marathon (which is 4 days away). The weather had something else in mind.

So, Suk Ja, Katie, and I trekked out to a bo-sam restaurant. We had kal-gook-su and bo-sam (kind of like like noodle soup and roast beef). After dinner we went to a big bookshop in the shopping area by the Samsung Plaza. We spent about 80 000 won on books for Katie. Browsing around the kids book section is fun for all three of us. Suk Ja and I get to have a second childhood, and Katie just likes finding books with animals and vehicles on them. We're stocking up on Korean books these days. We found some super vocab-oriented and interactive books.

Then, since I had to skip my run, I decided that it would be wise to have an ice cream cone. For some very upsetting reason Baskin-Robbins didn't have any peanut butter and chocolate ice cream. I had to settle for walnut. It was still delicious.

Ciao