Thursday, August 05, 2004

cheering at the dinner table

Since I started commuting to work I've spent about a trillion won on Starbucks coffee and banana muffins. The Starbucks is right by the subway exit, and it's too difficult to say no to a cup of coffee. Regarding the banana muffins, my sister once told me that eating muffins is exactly like eating cake. If this is true, then I've eaten quite a bit of cake this week!

We had sam-gyup-sal last night. Katie had a lot of mul-kimchee (water-kimchee). She had her own little bowl. She when she finished most of her food she picked up her bowl and drank everything in it. Then, when Suk Ja brought the dwen-jang-jigee (tofu soup) to the table, Katie literally started cheering. Katie doesn't cheer when I play Byrds CDs, but she cheers for food. Well, you can't eat a Byrds CD for dinner.

Ciao