Wednesday, July 28, 2004

catching up

You may have noticed that my updates have been tardy.  Things are super busy.  I'm teaching quite a bit, meeting up with people in the evenings, and then working on my two courses.  Sleep has just been too enticing.
Went to Seoul after work yesterday.  We went to the Opera House.  Across the street is a superb kal-gook-su restaurant.  Kal-gook-su is a bit like chicken noodle soup.  Just eliminate the chicken, make the noodles longer, and there you have it.  This particular restaurant specialized in the dish and we had a bowl of red bean kal-gook-su (delicious) and seaweed kal-gook-su (also delicious).
We had guests today.  Talked about sports and ate up a storm.  Having be-bim-bap that has already been lovingly mixed is a very good thing.  It means that instead of mixing the veggies and red bean paste with rice, I can just start eating.
Katie is very excited when I get home in the evening.  When I say excited, I mean that she does a lot of screaming and running around.
Friday is the anniversary of the day my wife's dad passed away.  We'll return to her oldest brother's house for a special ceremony, and family dinner.

Ciao