Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Is it Tuesday already?

In my last entry I told you what I planned to do on Sunday. My plan came to fruition as I spend the day running, reading, and drinking coffee. I finished reading Target North Korea. If you want to read some surprising details about the Korean War and the transformation of North Korea into its present state, check out that book.

On Monday I commuted to work. It's actually an hour and 15 minutes. I returned to Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for my subway reading sessions. I can read 50 pages on the way to work and 50 pages on the way home. It's now Tuesday and I'm almost finished with Mr. Potter. I have one thing to say about The Prisoner of Azkaban: Draco Malfoy is one rude little boy!

The subway system here in Seoul is quite different that the system in Toronto. Seoul has 10 lines and about a million stops. My subway map looks like a delicious multi-coloured picture of spagetti. The Seoul subway lines stretch from the centre of the city out to various satellite cities, such as Inchon, Ichon, Suwon, and Bundang. The cost of a ticket depends on your destination. To travel from central Seoul to Bundang (30 stops) costs 1 300 won. That's about $1.50 CDN. I get on the subway very early in the morning and I finish work at 2:20, so I miss out on rush hour.

We all went down to the Seodaemun Prison/Museum this evening. I ran on the track for 45 minutes. I then went to play badminton with one of my nieces. She was afraid to play with me at first. It took me about 30 seconds to demonstrate that I was not the vastly talented badminton player she had expected.

Ciao