Monday, August 23, 2004

gold medal dinner

Mr. Mun took Suk Ja and I out to dinner last night. Mr. Mun was my boss in Bundang. We met in Jongno-3-ga. We had a kal-be table BBQ. If you've never had Korean food, and you're not a vegetarian, kal-be would be an excellent option. There was a large screen TV in the restaurant. While gobbling up vast quantities of kal-be we got to cheer Seung Min Ryu on as he won the gold medal in the men's table tennis. It was a very tense match at moments. I actually had to put my chopsticks down a few times, stop eating, and focus on the task at hand (cheering).

Watching the Olympics in a restaurant where everyone's supporting the same team (in this case Korea) was superb. I hope that one day I will be in a restaurant filled with people cheering on Montreal Canadians as they eliminate the Toronto Maple Leafs from the playoffs. That would be nice.

Ciao