Sunday, September 11, 2005

suzuki watch

The Jays came from behind to win last night. I miss those come from behind victories! The Jays littered their seasons with come from behind wins in the late 80's and early 90's. A few weeks ago I wrote about Suzuki's quest for 200 hits this season. He now has 177 hits in 141 games. He's hitting 302. So, Suzuki has 21 games to get 23 hits. It's funny. Suzuki may not be hitting for a record this year, but watching him strive to reach a lesser plateau (although 200 hits is nothing to scoff at) is still exciting. It's like Delgado's run for 100 RBI's at the end of last season. In 2004 Delgado missed about 35 games and really made a go of the century mark. He ended up with 99. What a heartbreak! While I'm reflecting on predictions/hopes, I should say for the record that I'd like to see the Jays finish 5 games above 500 this season. That would be nice.