Wednesday, September 13, 2006

galla on fri

While chatting with a friend at work the other day he casually asked if I'd like to join him in attending a galla premier this Friday. Replying to this question did not take very long and did not require any pondering. While I've been to a North American premier I've never actually been to a galla before. Galla events often showcase features that hold their North American or World premier at the Toronto Film Festival. There are 20 gallas at this year's festival, all of which are being held at Roy Thompson Hall. After the Wedding is set to begin at 9:30pm on Friday September 15th. The film was directed by Susanne Bier and shot both in her homeland of Denmark and in India. This is a rare situation for me as I'm quite excited about going to a place where I won't be able to wear shorts.