Monday, September 12, 2005

supplying #2

Supplyed for the second time today. I taught gym all day. I worked with grades 1, 2, 7, and 8. The littled ones learned about taking their pulse and then did some laps jogging, hopping, etc. Two kindergarten kids started to cry when they saw me, despite the assurances of their classroom teacher and educational assistant. At one point I gave a grade 1 boy a time out. He had grabbed someone else. He was pretty poker faced with me but when I had a chat with him about it he broke down and cried and cried. Never a dull moment. I worked with the older kids in the afternoon and we worked on cross country and played a game called octopus. Octopus is basically a tricky way of getting kids to run. They think they're having fun (which they are), but they're also getting a cardio workout. Muhahaha!